Marc W. June
I have practiced law in Alaska since 1980, and managed my own law office since 1996. Prior to 1996, I was a partner in Birch, Horton, Bittner & Cherot, one of Alaska 's largest law firms. In addition to being a member of the Alaska Bar Association, I am admitted to practice before United States District Court for Alaska , the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. I am also an inactive member of the California Bar Association. I have been rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying quality representation and high ethical standards.
I graduated in 1980 from UCLA School of Law, where I was a member of the UCLA Law Review and an editor of the UCLA-Alaska Law Review. I received my undergraduate degree in 1977 with distinction from Stanford University.
There are a number of organizations to which attorneys representing accident victims belong. I am a Sustaining member in the American Association of Justice(AAJ), formerly known as the American Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA), a member of the Alaska Academy of Trial Lawyers (AATL) and a member of the American Bar Association (ABA). Because of my trial experience, I have been elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), and am currently Vice President of the Alaska chapter. As an attorney representing accident victims, I receive valuable support and information from these organizations.
Over the years I have been active within the Alaska Bar Association. Currently, I serve on the Civil Rules Committee for the Alaska Court System, serve on the Board of Directors for Alaska Legal Services Corporation, and am a member of the Ethics Committee for the Alaska Bar Association.
In the past, I have been a member of the Board of Governors of the Alaska Bar Association, the body responsible for supervising the activities of all Alaska lawyers. I have also at various times been on the Fee Arbitration Panel and Area Disciplinary Panel for the Alaska Bar Association. Other past volunteer activities include being a member of the Brother Francis Shelter Advisory Board, Chairman of the Anchorage Transportation Commission and on the Member Advisory Committee for Chugach Electric Association, the utility cooperative providing power to many Anchorage residents.
I have also been chosen to be listed in both SuperLawyers and The Best Lawyers in America.
Areas of Practice
- Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Insurance Law
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Products Liability Law
- Alaska, 1980
- California, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Alaska, 1980
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1980
- Stanford University, Palo Alto, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1977
- Honors: With Distinction
- Hill v. Giani, 296 P.3d 14 (Alaska 2013)
- Price v. Unisea, Inc., 289 P.3d 914 (Alaska 2012)
- Thompson v. Cooper, 290 P.3d 393 (Alaska 2012)
- Reich v. Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corp., 1997 WL 33812779 (Alaska 1997)
- Dobrydnia v. Farwest Fisheries (9th Cir. 1996)
- Denardo v. Murphy, 781 F. 2d 1345 (9th Cir. 1986)
- Denardo v. State of Alaska, 740 P.2d 453 (Alaska 1987)
- Kennecorp Mortgage & Equities, Inc. v. First National Bank of Fairbanks, 685 P. 2d 1232 (Alaska 1984)
- Van Brunt v. State of Alaska, 653 P. 2d 343 (Alaska 1982)
- Van Brunt v. State of Alaska, 646 P. 2d 872 (Alaska App. 1982)
- Kennedy v. First National Bank of Fairbanks, 637 P. 2d 297 (Alaska 1981)
- Fairbanks North Slope Borough (9th Cir. 1980)
Honors and Awards
- University of California at Los Angeles Law Review, 1978-1979
- University of California at Los Angeles-Alaska Law Review, Editor, 1979 - 1980
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Alaska Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Alaska Court System, Civil Rules Committee
- Alaska Legal Services Corporation, Board of Directors
- Alaska Commission on Judicial Conduct, Member
- US District Court for Alaska Local Civil Rules Committee
- Alaska Bar Association, Member, Ethics Committee